Thursday, January 6, 2011

Morning Mountains



This is a view is see fairly frequently as I take my morning walk along 37th St. I love the pink in the mountains. Yesterday, when I saw them I quickly came home, got the camera, took a picture and did this study. Each time I walk into the studio and see it it takes me right back to that morning. The pink I used was a combination of cad red light with a little titanium white watercolour which is an opaque pigment. I washed this pink over various areas of the painting. The brownish colour is my new favourite mix: red & green. A wash of blue covered the snow.

Watercolour
11" x 5 1/2"

For information on this or any other painting please contact me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful picture. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I must admit that this image gives me a lot of pleasure also.

    ReplyDelete