Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lake Of The Woods Plein Air

The view just a few metres away from Orihel's cabin. This painting was done as a live demo. I was inspired by a technique that I picked up at Stephen Quiller's workshop. The 5 green trees in the front row were completely lifted out from the painted background. I'm always impressed by how clean the colour can be even though the background was originally a dark wash. It's necessary to lift out while the background paint is still very wet. Quite a sloppy technique but I like the feel especially the reflections in the water.

Watercolour
19" X 14"

For information on this or any other painting contact me at this link.

2 comments:

  1. I love this "sloppy" look and great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PK:

    Thanks for the comment. It appears sloppy but I hope there is actually some sense of order to it.

    ReplyDelete